We are a full-service Lock Shop that provides such services as:
- Cutting new keys
- Inspecting doors for Title 9 compliance
- Installing and repairing automatic doors
- Installing and repairing card readers
- Installing door hardware
- Programming & issuing ID badges for card-reader locks
- Re-keying doors
- Re-setting safe combinations
- Repairing door hardware
University policy on Lock & Access
A. Key/Access Card orders
a. Departmental requests for keys or access should be electronically submitted by the authorizing department Business Officer, or designated Key Control Manager, via a work order.
b. An individual’s or periodic access requests need to be submitted with sufficient lead time to accommodate the individual’s schedule; contact Customer Service Center (CSC) at 855-234-0579 to advise of lead time requirements. The requestor is responsible for first confirming that the access card is valid through the CatCard office & authority for the space has been granted. Large/batch orders take significantly longer lead time; contact Facilities Management Lock & Access at the onset of the planning phases to determine lead time requirements for these requests.
c. Departmental requests for rekeying or lock changes & changes to access control systems, are normally submitted by a work order; however, large jobs may require a requisition. Facilities Management Lock & Access updates access changes for emergency responders as necessary.
d. Work Order requests for special security locks, padlocks, keys & access card systems must be accompanied by written justification & approvals.
B. Key/Access Card issue, return & loss
1. Key/access cards that are no longer needed by the department must be returned to Facilities Management Lock & Access.
2. The department must report lost or stolen keys & access cards via work order, as soon as possible, but no later than the same day that the loss or theft was identified. Theft of keys must also be reported to the Campus Police Department.
3. Any lost/stolen key or re-keying due to lost/stolen keys is the responsibility of the department.
4. Facilities Management Lock & Access coordinates Lost Key/Access reports with the Police Department & recommends lock or access card changes where security is affected.
1. The first issue of keys and access cards for spaces in a new building or newly assigned space will be furnished by Facilities Management Lock & Access to departments, with the cost borne by the capital project or departmental relocation account as applicable.
2. Costs for additional keys/access cards and re-keying lock cylinders will be charged to the requesting department.
3. Departments that consider a fee deposit necessary for the management of key security may collect a refundable key deposit from occasional users of keys.
a. The deposit must be applied consistently to all occasional users.
b. The deposit may not be collected from faculty & staff employees associated with the department.
c. Departments collecting a key deposit from occasional users must maintain a current record of all deposits & associated users.
D. Lock/Unlock Services
1. Locking/Unlocking of offices is the responsibility of the department assigned to that space. The authorizing department head or Key Control Manager can contact Facilities Management to provide quotations for remote access solutions. Any costs are borne by the department.
2. Facilities Management may be able to provide unlocking services if personnel are available; there is no guarantee of service. Requestor must provide photographic identification to confirm occupancy of the office. The service is billable; submit the request via a work order with an FAU to provide the service.
T: 209.228.2908 | E: email@example.com
NOTE: The Campus Lock Shop will require keys to be picked up by the end-user at Facilities Services Building A Lock Shop window.
Lock Shop window hours of service are limited to:
Monday through Friday
11:00 am to 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm (except for University holidays and closures)