Moving Services provides the following services for Campus occupants:
- Classroom support
- Office and laboratory moving
Moving services are generally chargeable under current recharge policies and procedures. No work can be done until a complete work order has been received via a work order. A complete work order has a financial accounting unit (FAU) number included.
Please plan your move as far in advance as possible. The absolute key to the success of any moving request is planning and communication well in advance of the event. We stand committed to providing you with the best possible service at a reasonable rate. Moving Services does not provide nor pack boxes, so please plan accordingly. If at any time you have any concerns not being addressed, please contact Ernie Solano.
Classroom and office furniture moves need to be coordinated through the respective Facility Manager. Campus furniture goes through Campus Furniture Program.
Moving Services staff members will assist in removing your surplus property. Please follow the guidelines for surplus property to initiate this service.
- FM abides by all University of California policies and procedures as they relate to recharging internal UC organizations and direct charging external organizations.
- Generally, customers are billed for actual hours worked down to the closest 1/4 hour of work. Breakdowns lower than 1/4 hour are not allowed.
- Any work required outside the normal workday Monday - Friday (generally 8 am to 5 pm) will be charged at time-and-a-half. Weekends and holidays recognized by the UC will also be charged at time-and-a-half.
- Weekend, holiday work, or after-hour work requires a two-hour minimum per person. If the work involves setting up before the event and a break down after, there is a charge for each two-hour block in which work was done. Please clarify charges with FMHelp Desk before your event.
Generally, if the work requested of FM is not done, there is no charge. If any work is done, and the customer has a concern with the quality or scope, that should be raised immediately by the customer with the senior FM worker present so it can be resolved. If work is done and issues are raised after the fact, FM will make every effort to address quality concerns but all charges will stand and must be paid.
If, at any time, you have any concerns not being addressed, please contact:
T: 209-201-6596 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org