Moving Services provides the following services for Campus occupants:
- Classroom support
- Office and laboratory moving
Moving services are generally chargeable under current recharge policies and procedures. No work can be done until a complete work order has been received via a work order. A complete work order has a financial accounting unit (FAU) number included.
Please plan your move as far in advance as possible. The absolute key to success of any moving request is planning and communication well in advance of the event. We stand committed to providing you the best possible service at a reasonable rate. Moving Services does not provide boxes, so please plan accordingly. If at any time you have any concerns not being addressed, please contact Rodney Trevathan.
Moving Services staff members will assist in removing your surplus property. Please follow the guidelines for surplus property to initiate this service.
- FM abides by all University of California policies and procedures as they relate to recharging internal UC organizations and direct charging external organizations.
- Generally, customers are billed for actual hours worked down to the closest 1/4 hour of work. Breakdowns lower than 1/4 hour are not allowed.
- Any work required outside the normal workday Monday - Friday (generally 8am to 5pm) will be charged at time-and-a-half. Weekends and holidays recognized by the UC, will also be charged at time-and-a-half.
- Weekend, holiday work or after hour work requires a two-hour minimum per person. If the work involves set up before the event and a break down after, there is a charge for each two-hour block in which work was done. Please clarify charges with FMHelp Desk before your event.
If an event requires equipment such as tables and chairs, FM will provide them in numbers up to our current stock. If demand exceeds our supply, the customer will be referred to a rental agency for all equipment. FM will not mix any University equipment with any rented equipment.
Any University equipment used for an event is the responsibility of the event sponsor. If lost, stolen or damaged, the event sponsor will be charged appropriately for all repairs and/or replacement.
Generally, if work requested of FM is not done, there is no charge. If any work is done, and the customer has a concern with the quality or scope, that should be raised immediately by the customer with the senior FM worker present so it can be resolved. If work is done and issues are raised after the fact, FM will make every effort to address quality concerns but all charges will stand and must be paid.
The event planner/coordinator is fully responsible to be in attendance or have a designated staff/faculty representative in attendance for the entirety of the event for which they are responsible. This includes all set up, break down and clean up. This is especially important as it relates to monitoring of people entering unlocked areas.
The absolute key to success of any event is planning and communication well in advance of the event. This means planning that includes all departments affected by an event, good proactive communication, properly filling out request forms and meeting with FM early to coordinate all support. We stand committed to providing you the best possible service at a reasonable rate.
If, at any time, you have any concerns not being addressed, please contact:
T: 209-228-4287 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org